Would I not expect better results from In-Vitro Fertilization?
In-Vitro fertilization is an excellent fertility method for many women who have not had success becoming pregnant through ordinary fertilization. However, Tubal Reversal Surgery usually is the best treatment for most women wanting to become pregnant after having their tubes tied. Tubal reversal enables most women to conceive naturally, without having to take fertility medications.
Tubal Reversal Surgery vs. IVF
PROS OF IVF:
- No major surgery involved
- Can be done with no fallopian tubes
- Low sperm counts do not matter
- With extra embryos, you can consider children at a later age (which is not possible with tubal reversal) by freezing them.
- Good success rates (rates based on age)
CONS OF IVF:
- Costs can be prohibitive
- Time it takes to go through a cycle
- Require several weeks worth of injections
- Limited chances based on costs
- Increased chance of multiples
PROS OF TUBAL REVERSAL:
- Cost is low
- Multiple chances for pregnancy after successful surgery
- One time procedure
- Able to conceive naturally without injectable hormones
- Decreased probability of multiples
CONS OF TUBAL REVERSAL:
- It is a major surgery. As with an surgery, risks include bleeding and complications.
- Recovery time takes 2 weeks.
- Success depends on healing of your tubes
- Increased chance of ectopic pregnancy
To learn more or schedule a consultation:
Call (919) 233-1680 or