Urinary incontinence is a condition that affects millions of people worldwide, and it can significantly impact the quality of life. Fortunately, there are several treatment options available that can help manage this issue. Your local gynecologist Cary NC at NCCRM explains some of the most effective treatment methods for urinary incontinence.
Lifestyle changes are often recommended first by healthcare and Cary NC gynecology professionals as one of the top treatment options for stress urinary incontinence. Some of the recommended changes include:
- Bladder training. Bladder training involves gradually increasing the time between urination, which can help improve bladder control.
- Dietary changes. Certain foods and drinks can irritate the bladder and make incontinence worse. Avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and spicy foods can help reduce symptoms.
- Weight management. Being overweight can put extra pressure on the bladder, so weight management can help reduce symptoms.
For more information about lifestyle changes to help with urinary incontinence, contact the experts at NCCRM!
Pelvic Floor Exercises
Pelvic floor exercises, also known as Kegels, can help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, which support the bladder and urethra. These exercises involve repeatedly contracting and relaxing the muscles that control urination. To learn more about Kegels, contact your Cary NC gynecology or women’s healthcare clinic NCCRM.
Medications and Medical Procedures
Several medications are available to treat urinary incontinence, including:
In some cases, medical procedures may be recommended by your gynecologist Cary NC to manage urinary incontinence. Some of the most common procedures include:
- Botox injections relax the bladder muscles and reduce the frequency of urination.
- Sacral nerve stimulation
- Surgery in severe cases of urinary incontinence. Procedures such as a sling procedure or bladder neck suspension support the bladder and reduce symptoms.
NCCRM | Home of Your Women’s Health Expert and Gynecologist Cary NC
If you are experiencing urinary incontinence, options are available to prevent leaks and minimize other symptoms. Speak with your healthcare provider or gynecologist Cary NC to determine the best treatment plan for you. At NCCRM, we offer a variety of treatment options for stress urinary incontinence. Contact us today to schedule a consultation or learn more about our services.